Based on recent events with Samoa Joe, there was speculation that he was the one Roman intended to call out. While that’s still a possibility, should people be leaping so readily to the idea that Joe’s the one behind this? Roman’s already called him a coward; this would only prove those words true. And there are other people worth considering....
- Daniel Bryan, who was earlier seen in that same area with Rowan, still unwilling or unable to make his “career altering announcement”.
- Braun Strowman, who has a literal reputation for set-destroying antics.
- Shane McMahon, who was conspicuously absent last night. For that matter, where was Elias? Drew McIntyre had at least had a match earlier in the night.
- Buddy Murphy, who was spotted leaving the scene shortly afterwards.
- Bray Wyatt. Sure, he seems rehabilitated, but there’s The Fiend to consider, and they have a history. Is Finn enough for that dual personality?’
- The Undertaker. Some people are suggesting this purely based on the seemingly supernatural implications, but that makes little sense after his match with Roman at Extreme Rules.
- Vince McMahon. It’s doubtful that he would get physically involved, but could someone have been acting on his orders?
- Rikishi. I don’t believe this for an instant, but it had to be said.
Thankfully, Roman escaped unharmed as the steel unit caught on additional cases, preventing it from going completely to the floor. Visibly shaken, he refused any offers of help or medical attention. As always, mess with the Big Dog’s head and he stops trusting anyone. Maybe that’s for the best.